By: Sharon Aron Baron
Are you civic-minded and would like to get more involved in the future of the City? The City of Tamarac is currently looking for residents to serve on one of its committees and has openings on two of its committees: Planning and Public Art. Each one meets monthly and board members are appointed by the commission.
The Board is comprised of five regular members and two alternate members and is responsible for advising and making recommendations to the City Commission regarding land development matters. Persons possessing experience or interest in the following areas shall receive special consideration: Architecture or landscape architecture, environmental science, real estate, urban planning, engineering or neighborhood, condominium or homeowners association activist. Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m. in Conference Room 105 of Tamarac City Hall.
Public Art Committee
The Committee is comprised of five (5) members who live or conduct business in the City of Tamarac. Committee membership may include individuals chosen from the following disciplines: landscape architecture, urban planning, engineering or related design discipline; professional artist; citizen knowledgeable in the field of public art, education or community affairs and a representative from the development community. Meetings take place on the third Tuesday of each month beginning at 4:30 p.m. at Tamarac City Hall.
City of Tamarac advisory board and committee members serve without compensation. If you are interested in serving on a board or committee, please print the application BOARD APPLICATION and return it to the City Clerk’s office for processing by either emailing it to Pat.Teufel@tamarac.org or faxing to 954-597-3508 or mailing to City Clerk’s Office City of Tamarac, 7525 Northwest 88 Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321-2401 by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 6, 2015.
It is anticipated that the Tamarac City Commission will make appointments to the boards and committees at their regular meeting on February 25, 2015.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club