By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man wearing a black hoodie that read, “I survived Lily’s Bat Mintzvah” is wanted along with an accomplice in the armed robbery of a cellphone store in Tamarac.
The robbery occurred on Christmas even when the two armed men rushed into the Metro PCS store at 3178 W. Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac subduing the three employees and stealing several items.
The event unfolded when the store’s 19-year-old cashier was sitting at the front registers when the two men ran into the store. The first suspect pointed a gun to her head and forced her into the back room. A second armed suspect grabbed another female employee.
The second suspect noticed a third employee, an 18-year-old male, returning to the store from a break. He ran onto the sales floor, grabbed the teenager and forced him into the back room.
The first suspect is described as a male, approximately 5’6” with a dark complexion and his hair in dreadlocks. He wore a blue hooded sweatshirt, khaki pants, brown boat shoes and black gloves. He used a silver handgun.
The second suspect is described as a male, approximately 5’6” with a dark complexion and possibly a goatee. He wore the black hoodie “I survived Lily’s Bat Mitzvah.” on the back. The deliberate misspelling of Mitzvah could be a play on the last name Mintz. He also wore black pants, black and white athletic shoes, black gloves and black rimmed glasses.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. David Agusti at (954) 321-4332. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.09.22Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Brian Regan Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Kathleen Madigan Heads to Coral Springs for 2023 Tour
- News2022.09.13J.P. Taravella Drama Presents “Radium Girls” Based on a True Story