By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac residents have a chance to find out what’s going on in the city and in their community during the annual Neighborhood Meeting coming soon.
Each year representatives from the city along with their respective city commissioner travels into the community for the annual meetings which gives residents a chance to ask questions. The agenda consists of an update on projects in the district, upcoming events and an interactive Q & A session on topics of their choice. Every district meeting has a host location, but residents from outside of the district that they live in are welcome to attend.
Mark your calendars for these dates:
District Four covers mostly Woodmont and Heathgate/Sunflower area and is represented by Commissioner Debra Placko. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 29, 6:30 p.m.?at the Tamarac Community Center at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
District Three mostly comprises of Kingspoint and Westwood and is represented by Commissioner Julie Fishman. The meeting will take place on Wednesday, April 19, at 6:30 p.m. at the Kings Point Club House 7620 Nob Hill Road.
District Two runs along the southern portion of Tamarac all the way to the Sawgrass Expressway north to McNab and is represented by Commissioner Michelle Gomez. This meeting will take place on Wednesday, April 27, at 6:30 p.m.?at the Concord Village Club House 6501 N. University Drive.
District One is the eastern portion of Tamarac represented by Commissioner Marlon Bolton. This meeting will take place on Wednesday, May 3, at 6:30 p.m.? at the Mainlands 6 Club House 4920 NW 51st Court.
Not sure which district you live in? Check out this district map here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.07.22Register Now for the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.07.10Tamarac Commission Remains Undecided on Millage Rate after 6 Hour Budget Meeting
- News2021.07.09Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Hosts Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.06.30Public Meetings Held for Atlantic Blvd Interchange Improvements at the Sawgrass Expressway