By: Sharon Aron Baron
At a recent awards ceremony, Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine along with 22 other county commissioners who received his Advanced County Commissioner designation.
The Florida Counties Foundation presented Udine, along with 22 other county commissioners during an awards ceremony held at the Florida Association of Counties (FAC) Annual Conference in Orange County, Florida.
Udine, who represents Coral Springs, Parkland, North Lauderdale and Tamarac said that each day as a county commissioner, he is presented with important issues affecting his constituents.
“The education and training received from the Florida Counties Foundation help give greater information, and understanding in tackling those challenges for Broward County,” said Udine.
Launched in 2006, the Advanced County Commissioner (ACC) education program is a leadership program designed for graduates of the Certified County Commissioners (CCC) program.
The course content focuses on leadership with an emphasis on the future of Florida. Participants are tasked with preparing for the future by thinking and acting anew and asserting skillful leadership in times of daunting challenges and rapid change.
The ACC program is organized as a series of three seminars, with 27 total hours of course work. Participating commissioners must commit to fully participate in all three seminars to graduate.
“Given that this is a voluntary program, those commissioners who chose to participate have shown an exemplary commitment to the betterment of the communities they serve,” said Florida Counties Foundation Executive Director, Eric Poole. “The program is structured in a way that allows veteran commissioners from across the state to work collaboratively on Florida’s most pressing challenges.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’