By: Sharon Aron Baron
Streetscape banners are supposed to welcome visitors celebrate an event, holiday, or share something enticing about the community.
When residents from nearby Broward County cities drive through Tamarac, do they really care that we are Palladium Award Winners? Is it going to encourage families to buy a home in our community?
According to the brilliant people at our city, who wouldn’t want to live in a city where we translate strategic concepts into measurable results?
When I want to shop or dine, I don’t head over to Coral Springs. No, I look for the city that has a balanced scorecard for executing strategy!
We are Palladium winners. Not just that, we’re International Palladium Award winners!
Someone at the city, decided that streetscape banners boasting about an obscure award for management efficiency would surely make people move here in droves.
That’s why they spent $6,900 in taxpayer money on them.
And that’s not even all the Palladium award has cost. The city also spent money on travel expense for City Manager Michael Cernech and former Management Analyst Bernadette Hughes to go and collect the award in Boston. No telling how much it costs to apply for the award because the people at Palladium won’t return my emails and give me more information.
As if spending $6,900 buckaroos wasn’t enough. They didn’t have the decency to buy it from a local vendor either. No, they ordered it from an out of state banner maker. Surely, there must be some sort of printing company that makes these types of things here in South Florida.
So for everyone in the surrounding cities around us, While you are scratching your heads wondering what these banners are all about, we are basking in our glory. All $6,900 worth of it.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County