By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Health Community Health Services is offering free immunizations and low-cost physical exams for uninsured children (ages 4 to 18) at two community health centers during its “Mobilize to Immunize” event.
Caregivers will provide immunizations against infectious diseases such as whooping cough, measles, mumps, rubella, influenza, Hepatitis B, and polio. Immunizations prevent dangerous, sometimes life-threatening diseases such as chickenpox, diphtheria, and human papillomavirus (HPV).
“Obtaining a school physical and immunizing your child is one of the best things you can do to safeguard their health,” said Aldo Calvo, D.O., family medicine, medical director of Ambulatory Services for Broward Health. “This free vaccination program offers, in many cases, a shot at a healthy life for so many children.”
Free immunizations and $30 school physicals are available Wednesday, August 3, from 2 to 5 p.m.; Wednesday, August 10, from 2 to 5 p.m., and Friday, August 12, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the following locations.
- Cora E. Braynon Family Health Center, 200 N.W. Seventh Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, 33311
- Pompano Pediatric Primary Care Center, 601 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach, 33060
To schedule an appointment, call 954-302-3935. A parent or legal guardian must be present and have the child’s current immunization record (Form DH 680).
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.08.12Early Voting Begins Saturday at the Tamarac Branch Library
- News2022.08.03Broward Health Offers Free School Immunizations for the Uninsured
- News2022.08.02City of Tamarac Holds Annual ‘Back to School Splash’ Aug. 6
- News2022.08.02Broward County Animal Care Hosts “Clear the Shelters” Event with a Family Fun Day