By: Sharon Aron Baron
Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day will be observed by Broward County Public Schools where this year’s theme is “Workforce Development for All” – dedicated to helping youth understand the force of their service on their families and communities, and on the world.
Held on Friday, February 1, 2019, Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is a national learning program by the Take Our Daughters and Sons Foundation which allows students to explore career industries, form ideas about their futures and learn what it takes to be successful in a business environment.
Local businesses and organizations are encouraged to participate and show students how their classroom lessons apply to the workplace. In addition, all BCPS schools, centers and administrative offices will provide employees the opportunity to bring their daughters and sons to work.
Neighboring school districts such as Miami-Dade and Palm Beach will also observe Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day on Friday, February 1, and Tamarac parents are encouraged to participate.
This is a District-approved field trip and will not be considered an absence until a completed field trip form is returned to the school. Students may participate in this field trip by attending a workplace with a parent, guardian, adult relative or adult family friend.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton