By: Sharon Aron Baron
Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day will be observed by Broward County Public Schools where this year’s theme is “Workforce Development for All” – dedicated to helping youth understand the force of their service on their families and communities, and on the world.
Held on Friday, February 1, 2019, Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is a national learning program by the Take Our Daughters and Sons Foundation which allows students to explore career industries, form ideas about their futures and learn what it takes to be successful in a business environment.
Local businesses and organizations are encouraged to participate and show students how their classroom lessons apply to the workplace. In addition, all BCPS schools, centers and administrative offices will provide employees the opportunity to bring their daughters and sons to work.
Neighboring school districts such as Miami-Dade and Palm Beach will also observe Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day on Friday, February 1, and Tamarac parents are encouraged to participate.
This is a District-approved field trip and will not be considered an absence until a completed field trip form is returned to the school. Students may participate in this field trip by attending a workplace with a parent, guardian, adult relative or adult family friend.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes