By Kevin Deutsch
Broward County Public Schools have recorded 357 new COVID-19 cases among students and staff since school began Aug. 18, new data show.
Coronavirus infections have been confirmed for at least 202 students, and 155 school employees, the school system’s COVID-19 dashboard showed as of Aug. 27.
The data show self-reported coronavirus cases for school employees, as well as confirmed cases for students attending in-person instruction through Aug. 26, according to the dashboard.
The case count only includes infections “reported to Risk Management and Coordinated Student Health Services, based on the date tested as reported to the District and could include a delay in communication,” a note on the dashboard states.
In Tamarac, Millennium 6-12 Collegiate Academy reported five cases; Discovery Elementary School reported one case; Pinewood Elementary School reported three cases.
Among Coral Springs schools, Coral Glades High School reported four COVID-19 cases; J.P. Taravella High School reported two cases; Coral Springs Middle School reported one case; Forest Glen Middle School reported four; Ramblewood Middle School reported two cases; Coral Springs Elementary School reported three cases; Parkside Elementary School reported two cases; Riverside Elementary School reported one case; Westchester Elementary School reported one case; Ramblewood Elementary School reported eight cases; Country Hills Elementary School reported one case; Coral Park Elementary School reported three cases; Park Springs Elementary School reported four cases.
In Parkland, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School reported three cases; Park Trails Elementary School reported seven cases; Heron Heights Elementary School reported three cases, and Westglades Middle School reported one case.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.05Tamarac Crime Update: Stalker Called Woman 50 Times, Sent 500 Messages
- News2022.12.01Tamarac Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Officer During Jan. 6 Attack on Capitol
- News2022.11.30Traffic Homicide Detectives Probe Tamarac Crash that Killed Child
- News2022.11.27Tamarac Crime Update: USPS Mail Carrier Robbed at Gunpoint