By Sharon Aron Baron
Detectives from the Broward Sheriff’s Office Tamarac District are calling on the community to help identify and capture a porch pirate who was recently caught on camera committing theft.
The incident occurred in broad daylight, around 4 p.m., on Monday, October 23, in Tamarac.
The surveillance footage reveals a blue sedan cruising past the victim’s home on the 5400 block of Northwest 26th Terrace and then reversing its direction before pulling up to the targeted residence.
The vehicle in question was seen heading southbound on Northwest 50th Street before stopping in front of the victim’s house.
Captured on video, a woman can be seen exiting the driver’s side of the car. She is dressed in a white T-shirt featuring the iconic rock band “AC/DC,” paired with black shorts black boots, and accessorized with sunglasses and a yellow necklace.
The suspect, confidently walking up to the front porch, is recorded taking mail and a package from the premises.
After the act, the footage shows the woman casually returning to the sedan, stowing the stolen goods in the back seat before driving away southbound from the scene of the crime.
Authorities describe the suspect as a light-skinned female with brown hair, estimated to be between 20 and 30, with a slender frame, and weighing somewhere between 120 to 140 pounds.
The surveillance footage allowed investigators to spot multiple tattoos on the suspect, including her thighs, arms, forearms, and an hourglass design on her right thigh.
Information can be shared by calling Detective Sophie Riggs at 954-247-6033 or anonymously through the SaferWatch app.
For those who wish to stay unnamed, tips can be submitted to Broward Crime Stoppers by calling 954-493-TIPS (8477), visiting browardcrimestoppers.org, or by dialing **TIPS (8477).
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family