By Selene Raj
For Tamarac residents, events held by the Chabad Jewish Center have made the holidays even more special.
On the eighth night of Chanukah, they plan to host the menorah lighting at Publix which will include dreidels, music, and donuts.
Rabbi Koppel Silberberg assured that this event, like others this month, has been curated with Covid-19 precautions and safety as the top priority—masks and social distancing will be required.
“[The community] is concerned about our safety,” he said, “But once they hear we’re taking all the measures to do it safely, they’re happy to be able to do something to celebrate Chanukah.”
The Menorah Lighting will be held in the Publix in Tamarac Town Square, located at 8245 NW 88 Avenue, on Thursday, December 17 at 7:00 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.01.18‘One Tamarac’ Multicultural Festival Moves Forward with New Date
- News2021.01.15Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board Moves Closer to Final Approval
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees
- News2020.12.30Commissioner Bolton Expresses Remorse Over Calling City Attorney ‘Untrustworthy’