By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Tamarac Talk continues providing updates from the Florida Department of Health.
COVID-19 cases are still setting record highs all around the country. The data in Broward County is trending upward towards the numbers Floridians grew accustomed to seeing during the first wave of infections.
According to the Florida Department of Health, as of December 13, there have been 3,053 positive COVID-19 cases in Tamarac. That’s an increase of 20 positive cases in the last 24 hours.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 1,134,383 positive COVID-19 cases to date. Florida is one of only three states in the U.S. to have recorded over one million COVID-19 cases.
There were 114,942 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida on December 13, with 12,212 coming back positive. Of those positive cases, 8,334 were Floridians testing positive for the first time.
The average age of a resident to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on December 13 was 40-years-old. For weeks, the average age of a person contracting COVID-19 in Florida has hovered at or around 40-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 20,003 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19 and a total of 58,269 patients hospitalized due to the virus.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 27,325
Pompano Beach 12,705
Coral Springs 6,173
Deerfield Beach 3,528
Coconut Creek 2,610
Pembroke Pines 2,037
North Lauderdale 1,989
Oakland Park 1,672
Cooper City 1,179
Lauderdale Lakes 529
Wilton Manors 542
Southwest Ranches 401
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2021.04.21Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie Arrested For Perjury
- News2021.04.17Tamarac Man Who Threatened Neighbor With a BB Gun Arrested For Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- News2021.03.26Tamarac COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 26
- News2021.03.24Tamarac COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 24