By Selene Raj
The Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac continues to get creative during the pandemic. This year, by allowing people to celebrate Passover safely by hosting both a community Seder and providing Seder-to-go kits for those at home.
“The idea over here is to give everyone the opportunity to celebrate this holiday in a safe and joyous way, either at home or with the community,” said Rabbi Kopel Silberberg.
Community Passover Celebration
The community celebration includes an outdoor Seder, hosted at the Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac on Saturday, March 27, at 7:30 p.m.
Open to all ages, the cost is $36 per adult, $22 per child, and $180 for a sponsorship. No one will be turned away due to lack of funds, and those who need assistance can contact Rabbi Silberberg at 954-882-7434.
Because of COVID-19, there is a limited capacity. Guests are asked to RSVP online by Thursday, March 18.
Passover To Go Kits
For those who are celebrating at home, Seder-to-go kits are available. The kits include three handmade shmurah matzah, a seder plate, a bottle of kosher wine, a Kiddush cup, and an easy-to-read Seder how-to guide, a Hebrew/English, annotated Haggadah, and all the food required for the seder plate.
At a cost of $36 each, additional matzah can be added at $18 per pound. And like the community event, financial assistance is also available. Orders for the to-go kits must be submitted by Monday, March 22, and can be placed online.
Pick up will also be at the Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac, located at 8100 North University Drive on Thursday, March 25 between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac