Sharon Aron Baron said she writes a lot of serious articles about Tamarac, but occasionally she delves into humor. She runs the hyperlocal news site Tamarac Talk. After she published a graphic that satirized the special perks that Mayor Harry Dressler receives, the city used taxpayer’s resources to threaten her.
“You get preferential parking at every event. You get a special VIP tent at every event with food and drinks,” she said. “I was comparing him to a king.”
But the city apparently didn’t find it funny. They sent Baron a cease and desist letter threatening to sue her for using the city’s logo without permission. But Baron isn’t taking it down and she has hired a lawyer to fight the city. Read more
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes