Sharon Aron Baron said she writes a lot of serious articles about Tamarac, but occasionally she delves into humor. She runs the hyperlocal news site Tamarac Talk. After she published a graphic that satirized the special perks that Mayor Harry Dressler receives, the city used taxpayer’s resources to threaten her.
“You get preferential parking at every event. You get a special VIP tent at every event with food and drinks,” she said. “I was comparing him to a king.”
But the city apparently didn’t find it funny. They sent Baron a cease and desist letter threatening to sue her for using the city’s logo without permission. But Baron isn’t taking it down and she has hired a lawyer to fight the city. Read more
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today
- News2023.02.023 Brave Deputies Risk Lives to Save Woman in Christmas Eve Canal Rescue
- News2023.02.01Choking Prevention Takes Center Stage: Rep Daley Files Bill Proposed by High School Students
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition