Sharon Aron Baron said she writes a lot of serious articles about Tamarac, but occasionally she delves into humor. She runs the hyperlocal news site Tamarac Talk. After she published a graphic that satirized the special perks that Mayor Harry Dressler receives, the city used taxpayer’s resources to threaten her.
“You get preferential parking at every event. You get a special VIP tent at every event with food and drinks,” she said. “I was comparing him to a king.”
But the city apparently didn’t find it funny. They sent Baron a cease and desist letter threatening to sue her for using the city’s logo without permission. But Baron isn’t taking it down and she has hired a lawyer to fight the city. Read more
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton