By Claire Cornish
It’s fitting that such a beautiful, cheesy smile should belong in the face of a dog named Cheddar, however, this happy black mouth Cur did not always look so relaxed and fancy-free.
Cheddar was dropped off at the shelter by a family who didn’t have time for him, which greatly dented his confidence.
He was a friendly pup at the shelter whose fondness for other dogs made him a popular choice for short-term fostering, but the back and forth between new, temporary fosters and the shelter made him rather insecure.
Luckily, a wonderful foster family, complete with a canine foster sibling, took him in, and Cheddar was able to blossom again.
He thrived in his training classes and has become a happy, confident pup once again. Cheddar loves dogs, playing, and lounging in the sun.
If you would like to meet this loving, gentle pup, don’t hesitate to get in touch with his rescue at www.popopitbulls.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2023.03.05Meet Penny: The Beautiful Harrier Dog with a Heart of Gold
- News2022.09.09Pet of the Week: Marvin the Guinea Pig is Looking for a Loving Family
- News2022.07.07Dog of the Week: This Puppy Needs Her Forever Family
- News2022.06.26Dog of the Week: This Pup Was Rescued From a Hoarding Situation