By Claire Cornish
It’s fitting that such a beautiful, cheesy smile should belong in the face of a dog named Cheddar, however, this happy black mouth Cur did not always look so relaxed and fancy-free.
Cheddar was dropped off at the shelter by a family who didn’t have time for him, which greatly dented his confidence.
He was a friendly pup at the shelter whose fondness for other dogs made him a popular choice for short-term fostering, but the back and forth between new, temporary fosters and the shelter made him rather insecure.
Luckily, a wonderful foster family, complete with a canine foster sibling, took him in, and Cheddar was able to blossom again.
He thrived in his training classes and has become a happy, confident pup once again. Cheddar loves dogs, playing, and lounging in the sun.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2022.06.26Dog of the Week: This Pup Was Rescued From a Hoarding Situation
- News2021.09.19Flo is an Adventurous Little Puppy Looking for Her Forever Family
- News2021.09.07Once Someone’s Pet, Its Been a Long Time Since Three-Year-Old Bailey Was Loved
- News2021.08.23Cheddar, Who Loves Other Dogs and Playtime Searches for a Forever Home