By: Sharon Aron Baron
An opening date has been set for a new Chipotle Mexican Grill that has been under construction since the prior tenant at a Lauderhill shopping center moved across the plaza.
According to Danielle Moore, Chipotle Public Relations and Communications Manager, the opening date for the new location at 5435 N University Drive is set for January 25, 2016. The shopping center is owned by Universal Plaza and is located on the southwest corner of University Drive and Commercial Boulevard with over 49,000 square feet of retail space anchored by a Super Target. The new restaurant will join 49 other Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants in South Florida – including the southwest portion of the state, for a total of 116 in Florida.
“We look forward to opening our doors to the Lauderhill community and sharing our commitment to better food made from ingredients raised and grown with respect for farmers, animals, the land and the environment with everyone,” said Moore.
Chipotle was created in Colorado back in 1993 by Steve Ells who is now the Co-CEO, and Chairman. The restaurant’s mission statement is “Food with Integrity”, which highlights its efforts in using organic ingredients which includes serving more naturally raised meat than any other restaurant chain. The new location, remodeled after Starbucks moved to a new, stand-alone location, will seat 75 people inside and 35 outside.
The restaurant has been hiring as well. Each restaurant typically employs 25-30 people and Moore said that interested applicants can visit jobs.chipotle.com for more information. “We are always looking for top performers to join our team,” she said.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family