By Selene Raj
In what could be a convenient option for parents and guardians who have to work, Tamarac Parks and Recreation offers a winter break camp for children in grades two through five.
According to the city, the winter break camp will include outdoor play, indoor activities, and arts and crafts.
Meals are not included, and campers must bring their own breakfast, lunch, and water bottle. However, snacks will be provided.
Following Covid-19 guidelines, masks will be required for children and staff whenever inside the building—and, to maintain social distancing, the spots available are limited.
The cost will be $120 per child for residents and $150 for non-residents; for second children, the price will be $90 per child for residents and $120 per child for non-residents.
From Monday, December 21 to Wednesday, December 23, the camp takes a break for Christmas Eve and Christmas weekend. It resumes from Monday, December 28 through Thursday, December 31, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day.
Camp meets at Tamarac Park Recreation Center, located at 7501 North University Drive. Registration is required and can be done online; For more information, call 954-597-3674 or visit their website.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.12.06Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover