By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac City Commissioner Marlon Bolton will be hosting a candidates’ Meet and Greet on Tuesday, Aug. 14, where residents will have a chance to meet Mike Gelin, for Tamarac City Commission District 2 and Elvin Villalobos for Tamarac Mayor.
Gelin is no stranger to politics. He unsuccessfully ran against Dressler in 2014, and was one of two finalists to fill the seat left open by Patti Atkins-Grad in 2013. He has an impressive background and Bolton believes he would be a great addition to the city commission.
In a earlier interview, Gelin said he understands the importance of serving the community and volunteers in many ways. In the past, he represented the City of Tamarac on the community involvement roundtable of the Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO). He has served on the City of Tamarac’s Insurance Advisory Board and he is a graduate of the 2009 class of Tamarac University.
Bolton believes Villalobos has the tenacity and smarts to turn Tamarac’s reputation around. Villalobos has been the president of the Banyan Lakes Homeowner’s Association for almost three years, and was appointed to serve on the board of the parks and recreation committee by Bolton and was his appointment to the code and land regulations rewrite committee.
Villalobos graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with concentrations in both political science and business administration from Keiser University. He is a Tamarac Business Owner, Member of the Tamarac Chamber of Commerce and is also a graduate of Tamarac University.
On Tuesday Night, Bolton said the candidates will be prepared to answer questions and address concerns that residents have. Attendees will be able to donate to their campaigns and hear the reasons why they are running for office.
The Meet and Greet will be held from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Saxsay Cafe, 8425 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac, Fl 33351. Click here to RSVP.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club
- News2020.11.25Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested After Scamming Tamarac Resident
- News2020.11.23City of Tamarac Continues with Residential Assistance Program
- News2020.11.19Tamarac Crime Update and Arrests Through November 16