By: Sharon Aron Baron
A former military couple is teaching a senior technology course to fellow veterans helping them to improve their digital literacy.
Through the South Florida Institute on Aging and the Senior Corps Retired & Senior Volunteer Program the technology class is specifically dedicated to veterans and taught by veterans Sandra and Bill Fritz who have spent the majority of their adult lives in the military: Bill served for 28 years and Sandra served for 31 years.
“Just because we’ve taken off the uniform off does not mean we want to stop serving others. This is a wonderful way for us to give back for the blessings we’ve received in the military,” said Sandra Fritz.
The 10-week course, held at the Tamarac Recreation Center teaches others to confidently use a computer, communicate via e-mail and discover social networking.
Last month, the class hosted a surprise birthday celebration for Wes, a 92-year-old WWII veteran who is learning with his wife.
If you are interested in the course, please contact seniorplanet@theSOFIA.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County