By: Sharon Aron Baron
A former military couple is teaching a senior technology course to fellow veterans helping them to improve their digital literacy.
Through the South Florida Institute on Aging and the Senior Corps Retired & Senior Volunteer Program the technology class is specifically dedicated to veterans and taught by veterans Sandra and Bill Fritz who have spent the majority of their adult lives in the military: Bill served for 28 years and Sandra served for 31 years.
“Just because we’ve taken off the uniform off does not mean we want to stop serving others. This is a wonderful way for us to give back for the blessings we’ve received in the military,” said Sandra Fritz.
The 10-week course, held at the Tamarac Recreation Center teaches others to confidently use a computer, communicate via e-mail and discover social networking.
Last month, the class hosted a surprise birthday celebration for Wes, a 92-year-old WWII veteran who is learning with his wife.
If you are interested in the course, please contact seniorplanet@theSOFIA.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton