By: Sharon Aron Baron
The easiest way to avoid human-to-human contact is to complete your 2020 Census online by June 1.
By completing it now, you avoid the need for a census taker to visit your home, and you can help shape Tamarac’s future.
The census data will determine how much money will go to local hospitals, fire departments, schools, roads, and other resources in your community.
While non-essential workers are on stay-at-home orders, there’s never been an easier time to respond now to fill out your census online. Here are the three ways to respond:
- Online: Each household has received a postcard with a personal code to complete the census online via a computer or smartphone.
- By phone: If you prefer, you may call to complete the census by phone in 13 languages. Language guides will also be offered in 59 languages.
- By mail: If you have not responded to the Census, you will receive a form via mail.
The 2020 Census does NOT ask whether you or anyone in your home is a U.S. citizen. Your answers cannot be shared with law enforcement nor used against you.
The Census will NEVER ask you for social security numbers, money or donations, anything on behalf of a political party, or Bank or credit card account numbers.
By law, the information cannot be shared with law enforcement, including Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or the Internal Revenue Service. Title 13 is clear that the data collected can only be used for statistical purposes, and your privacy is protected.
Respond now to the 2020 Census.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town