By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County’s Administrator canceled the Emergency Curfew Order imposed May 31 – June 2 after protests about the death of George Floyd turned violent.
The curfew can be reimposed for part or all of the county with as little as one hour of prior written notice if there is evidence of possible civil unrest that threatens the health, safety, or welfare of the public.
The Broward County Code of Ordinances gives the County Administrator the authority to impose a general curfew applicable throughout the community while there is a State of Local Emergency in effect.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.07.02Hispanic Supermarket Tapatia Opens New Tamarac Location
- News2020.07.01COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac Jump Past 300 in Latest Report
- News2020.07.01New Broward County Order Modifies Facial Covering Requirements; Limits Restaurant Hours
- News2020.06.29County Closes Beaches Over 4th of July Weekend