By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County’s Administrator canceled the Emergency Curfew Order imposed May 31 – June 2 after protests about the death of George Floyd turned violent.
The curfew can be reimposed for part or all of the county with as little as one hour of prior written notice if there is evidence of possible civil unrest that threatens the health, safety, or welfare of the public.
The Broward County Code of Ordinances gives the County Administrator the authority to impose a general curfew applicable throughout the community while there is a State of Local Emergency in effect.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.09.27City of Tamarac Updates Residents on Hurricane Ian
- News2022.09.22Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Brian Regan Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Kathleen Madigan Heads to Coral Springs for 2023 Tour