By: Sharon Aron Baron
Dan Daley has become the new state representative for northwest Broward County after no other challengers came forward by Thursday’s deadline.
“I’m honored,” said Daley. “We worked very hard out of the gate to run a campaign focused on this community, and I’m proud to have been given the opportunity to represent it.”
Currently a Coral Springs city commissioner, Daley was just reelected when the opportunity for the seat arose.
Daley had his eye on running ever since he was a legislative aide for former State Rep Ari Porth. When the current State Rep. Jared Moskowitz was tapped by the Governor DeSantis to become the next director of the Florida Division of Emergency Management, this left the District 97 seat open, and Daley only had a week’s worth of time to decide – jumping from one campaign to another.
With a treasure trove of endorsements including Congressman Ted Deutch, former State Rep. Jared Moskowitz, State Senators Lauren Book, and Gary Farmer, Sunrise Mayor Michael Ryan and Tamarac Mayor Michelle Gomez, Daley had a jump-start in big-name supporters along with over $135,000 in donations which may have discouraged any challengers.
Daley grew up in Coral Springs, is a graduate of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland who went on to become the first college graduate in his family after attending Florida State University. After being elected to the Coral Springs city commission in 2012, Daley began attending law school at Nova Southeastern University, graduated and passed the bar. He now works as corporate counsel for 13th Floor Homes.
His district will cover Coral Springs, Sunrise and a portion of Plantation and Tamarac.
Because there is no April primary or June 18 general election, Daley can start right away; however, this would require him to resign from the Coral Springs city commission. A qualifying period has already been set for the for March. As of this time, until he is officially sworn in, Daley is the representative-elect.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County