By Agrippina Fadel
It is unknown if Subway was named after the underground trains or the famous sandwich chain. Still, coincidentally, the six-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier loves to venture out with volunteers and appreciates a tasty snack.
According to Broward County Animal Care, Subway is housebroken and well-mannered. The pup arrived at the agency in October and has already made many friends.
Subway is very smart and knows how to sit, shake paws, lie down, and roll over, particularly if he can get a treat and a belly rub as a reward. He is excellent on the leash and is a true social butterfly as he loves to interact with everyone in a friendly manner. Subway is ready to show all his tricks to his very own forever family.
The Lunch Buddies program is open to all Broward residents over 18. High school students can participate with parents’ or guardians’ permission. The dogs can be taken out for a day, overnight, or a weekend. The paperwork is minimal, and the shelter provides the food, toys, and leash for the dog.
To adopt Subway (A2168067), foster, or take a dog out for lunch, email the shelter at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule a meet-and-greet appointment and learn more about the adoptable pets, email ACADadoptions@broward.org.
The Adoption Center at Broward County Animal Care is located at 2400 SW 42 Street, Fort Lauderdale, and is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Adoptions are at no cost and include spaying/neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, and a Broward County pet license tag.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.05.24Shape the Future of Tamarac: Give Your Vision a Voice at Upcoming Workshops
- News2023.05.24Honoring Heroes: Join the Memorial Day Ceremony in Tamarac
- News2023.05.23Expand Your Network and Seize Opportunities at 2 Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Events
- News2023.05.23Ticket Alert: Nostalgia Rewind with Paisley Craze’s Swinging 60s Revival