By Agrippina Fadel
A six-week adult education course on meditation at the Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac will teach residents how to think, feel, and live more deeply.
Meditation from Sinai: Mindful awareness and Divine Spirituality is an accredited course from the Jewish Learning Institute. Starting on February 8, it will run on Tuesdays, from 7.30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Rabbi Kopel Silberberg said the program offers a deep dive into the Jewish approach to mediation.
“People who appreciate the practice, in general, will enjoy the course, but it is also a great beginner course on how to live a more profound life, which is especially important with the stress of dealing with Covid-19,” he added.
Rabbi Silberberg said that many people feel lost during the pandemic and have existential questions about how to live a meaningful life. They are looking for a way to control their emotions and live in the moment.
The course is offered online and in-person and will teach mindful awareness, spirituality, and meditative practices, using uniquely Jewish approaches.
The fee is $79 per person or $124 per couple, including a textbook. The first week of the course is free to attend; Chabad of Tamarac offers a scholarship program for those who cannot afford the fee.
According to Rabbi Silberberg, Meditation from Sinai course is accredited for mental health professionals, psychologists, social workers, LMFTs, and professional counselors seeking to fulfill their continuing education requirements (CEU).
Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac is located at 8100 N. University Dr.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.05.19Tamarac Social Justice Wall Will Include James Sistrunk, Jackie Robinson, and President Kennedy
- News2022.05.19Dog of the Week: Macarena is the Life of the Party
- News2022.05.162022 RISE Expo Brings the Business Community Together
- News2022.05.12Operation Swim Teaches Residents Water Safety