By: Sharon Aron Baron
Anyone that lives in South Florida knows that you may be an good driver, but everyday you may have to deal with inexperienced, impatient and even dangerous drivers.
The AARP is providing a class open to drivers of all ages to review the current rules of the road, learn defensive driving techniques, and how to operate a vehicle more safely. Participants will learn how to manage and accommodate common age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time.
In addition, participants will learn:
· How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots
· How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
· The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections
· Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and new technologies used in cars
· Ways to monitor your own and others’ driving skills and capabilities
· The effects of medications on driving
· The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking, and cell-phone use
The next class is set for March 19 and March 20, at 9:00 a.m at the Tamarac Community Center at 8601 W Commercial Blvd in Tamarac. Course costs $15 for AARP members or $20 for non-members. Participants who successfully complete the course will be provided with a certificate for their auto insurance agency. Most agencies will allow for a discount on auto insurance premiums for up to three years. Call 954-597-3620 to register.
The AARP is providing a class open to drivers of all ages
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family