You may have noticed that the street lights along Commercial Boulevard in the eastern half of the city have not been working in some time. In fact, if you are driving east from the Turnpike to 31st Avenue, you’ll notice that every single street light is out leaving the area in the dark.
I noticed this back in September while driving home at night and noticed residents standing in the dark at bus stops. I contacted FPL who told me although they provide power to the lights, the lights belong to the City of Tamarac and are owned and operated by them.
I contacted Jack Strain, Director of Public Works for the City of Tamarac who told me that the electrical panel for the lights was destroyed in a recent car accident. “We are in the process of replacing said panel but it is an item that must be special ordered,” said Strain.
Replacement is scheduled to be completed by the first week in November.
If you live out that way, please let me know when you see that the lights have been fixed and please take care when walking or waiting for a bus.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup