You may have noticed that the street lights along Commercial Boulevard in the eastern half of the city have not been working in some time. In fact, if you are driving east from the Turnpike to 31st Avenue, you’ll notice that every single street light is out leaving the area in the dark.
I noticed this back in September while driving home at night and noticed residents standing in the dark at bus stops. I contacted FPL who told me although they provide power to the lights, the lights belong to the City of Tamarac and are owned and operated by them.
I contacted Jack Strain, Director of Public Works for the City of Tamarac who told me that the electrical panel for the lights was destroyed in a recent car accident. “We are in the process of replacing said panel but it is an item that must be special ordered,” said Strain.
Replacement is scheduled to be completed by the first week in November.
If you live out that way, please let me know when you see that the lights have been fixed and please take care when walking or waiting for a bus.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.09.22Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Brian Regan Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Kathleen Madigan Heads to Coral Springs for 2023 Tour
- News2022.09.13J.P. Taravella Drama Presents “Radium Girls” Based on a True Story