By Saraana Jamraj
Local families have found themselves in financial hardships, and Feeding South Florida, a domestic hunger-relief organization, has tried to ease some of their burdens by providing food to those in need.
On Monday, May 4, they’ll be holding a food distribution in Tamarac, as they’ve done several times throughout South Florida since the COVID-19 pandemic began.
Monday’s food distribution will be a drive-thru, and to adhere to CDC guidelines and ensure the health and safety of volunteers and community members, the pick-up will be contactless. Drivers will remain in their cars and open their trunks when it is their turn in line.
The food will be distributed first-come, first-serve, so as long as supplies last.
The distribution will take place from 9:00 a.m. until approximately 11:00 a.m. at Community Christian Church, 10001 W. Commercial Boulevard in Tamarac.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. She's completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2020.08.06Tamarac Offers Upgrades for Qualifying Neighborhoods in Partnership Program
- News2020.08.06City Announces Limited Park, Fitness Center Hours in Tamarac
- News2020.08.06Quince Supermarket Opens in Tamarac with a Variety of International Products
- News2020.08.04Tamarac Launches Small Business Grants