By Sharon Aron Baron
The Humane Society of Broward County has a number of pets available for adoption this week, all of which come with spaying or neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, treatment for fleas and ticks, and more.
One of the dogs up for adoption is Fiona (ID 660794), a 5-year-old who has been waiting at the shelter since February.
She was brought to the Humane Society from a shelter on the west coast that Hurricane Ian damaged. Despite being a bit bigger at 72 pounds, Fiona knows commands like sit, paw, and lay down and loves going for walks.
Thanks to a sponsorship from J.R. Dunn Jewelers, Fiona’s adoption fee has been covered. For a limited time, she is also available for a two-week holiday sleepover trial to see if she is a good fit for your family.
Another dog available for adoption is Mithril (ID 661746), a 5-year-old whose family had to leave her behind when they moved. Mithril is outgoing and loves having her belly and back rubbed. She gets along well with other pets and children of all ages and enjoys playing with toys. She is also available for a holiday sleepover trial.
If you’re interested in adopting one of these pets or any others at the Humane Society of Broward County, you can complete a pre-adoption application at www.humanebroward.com.
The shelter is located at 2070 Griffin Road in Fort Lauderdale and is open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., except on December 24 and 25.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes
- News2023.05.07Unleash a Summer of Fun with the South Florida Adventure Pass: 4 Attractions, 1 Low Price