By Ryan Yousefi
Floridians can start the new year with new tax-free school supplies for a limited time.
The Florida Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday begins January 1 and will run through Sunday, January 14. The tax-free period allows Floridians to purchase various qualifying back-to-school supplies without incurring sales tax.
Eligible Items for Tax Exemption during the 2023-2024 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday include the following;
- Learning Aids and Jigsaw Puzzles: Priced at $30 or less.
- School Supplies: Most school supplies priced at $50 or less.
- Clothing, Footwear, and Accessories: Items under $100.
- Computers and Related Accessories: For personal use, $1,500 or less.
The tax holiday does not extend to the rental or repair of the above qualifying items. Specific locations are excluded from the tax-free period, including sales in theme parks, entertainment complexes, public lodging establishments, and airports.
For full details and complete lists of all tax-exempt qualifying items, click here.
The Department of Revenue has also provided additional information and resources for businesses looking for more information about the sales tax holiday within its annual Taxpayer Information Publication, which includes FAQs for businesses.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Broward Sheriff’s Office to Host Gun Safety Class Geared Toward Child Firearm Education
- NewsFebruary 17, 20245th Annual Jazz Under the Stars Returns to Lauderhill on February 17