By Selene Raj
Beginning June 17, the City of Tamarac, with the help of the Florida Department of Health, is offering a free COVID-19 testing site at the Tamarac Recreation Center.
The site will be open to residents and non-residents, and appointments are preferred but not required. Walk-ups are welcomed.
Masks and a form of identification are required. The testing is completely free, so no payment or insurance is needed. Appointments can be made by calling 954-412-7300.
The testing site will be open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m at the Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 N. University Drive.
Nearby Free Testing Sites
If you live near Hampton Pines Park in North Lauderdale, then head over to 7800 Hampton Boulevard North Lauderdale, FL 33068, from Tues. – Sat. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. All ages, regardless of symptoms.
In Coral Springs, stop by the tent outside of Publix at 11600 W. Sample Road and Coral Ridge Drive. Appointments are not required, and testing is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Testing at this site is limited to citizens 18 years and older.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.01.15Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board Moves Closer to Final Approval
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees
- News2020.12.30Commissioner Bolton Expresses Remorse Over Calling City Attorney ‘Untrustworthy’
- News2020.12.23Broward County Moves Forward with Curfew in Anticipation of Holiday Covid-19 Spike