By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
To help make residents aware of their mental and emotional health and promote physical exercise to improve energy levels, the city of Tamarac is holding a Move with the Mayor event.
A national initiative that works with mayors around the country Move with the Mayor promotes regular physical activity and a healthy lifestyle in communities to lower the risk of chronic illnesses such as heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes, and obesity.
Children between the ages of 5 – 12 can join Mayor Michelle Gomez at the Tamarac Park on August 7, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., for fun physical activities such as obstacle courses, three-legged races, and more.
The fun-filled day will also have entertainment with games, music, and refreshments.
Tamarac Park is located at 7501 North University Drive.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- NewsMay 11, 2022Get Roped Into Attending Tamarac’s Bicycle Safety Rodeo
- NewsAugust 2, 2021Atten-hut! Enroll Now in the J.P. Taravella Marching Band Camp
- NewsJuly 28, 2021Supervisor of Elections Site is Redesigned in Time for Congressional Special Elections
- NewsJuly 22, 2021Get Ready to ‘Move with the Mayor’ on August 7