By: Sharon Aron Baron
Farewell to the five hour round of golf because GolfBoard says using one of these can dramatically increase the pace-of-play. Besides being fun and agile on the golf course, this new addition to the standard golf cart can shorten the average round to two and a half hours, making it possible to play 36 holes in five hours.
Woodlands Country Club in Tamarac owned by ClubLink is among the first golf facilities in the area to offer GolfBoards to their members and guests, and they say they are safe, fun, and easy for everyone to learn. The battery-operated GolfBoard is like a surfboard, however, you can’t tip it over – you turn by leaning. There is room for a golf bag and cupholder, and even enough room for a cooler in the back. The rider can choose a button for low or high speed, and when they release the button, it stops.
Currently, there are four at the Woodlands, and those that want one need to make a reservation, watch a five minute video, and sign a consent form. They’re also $20 more than the average cart price and according to Golf Digest, the base price starts around $3,995. But, there’s no price on the fun and the nimbleness you’ll get by playing golf in a brand new way. One disadvantage? No place for an umbrella, and of course, no more sitting.
Want to reserve one for your next game? Call the pro shop at 954-731-2500.
Woodlands Country Club is located at 4600 Woodlands Boulevard Tamarac, FL 33319. Map it.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.07.15Try Vegan Food at the Next Event in Tamarac
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.09Tamarac Businesses Gets Preference With City’s New Vendor Selection Process
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies