By: Sharon Aron Baron
Governor Rick Scott today directed the flags of the United States and the State of Florida to be flown at half-staff in honor of the five service members who were murdered at recruiting centers in Chattanooga, Tennessee last week. This is effective immediately throughout the state of Florida until sunset on the day of the final military member’s date of interment.
On Saturday, Governor Scott issued an executive order directing Florida Adjutant General Michael Calhoun to take three immediate actions:
- Relocate all Florida National Guard personnel at the state’s six storefront recruitment centers to the nearest Florida National Guard Armory until there are recommendations made to improve the security of store-front recruitment centers.
- Begin discussions with local law enforcement agencies to arrange regular security checks for Florida National Guard Armories.
- Ensure that all qualified fulltime guardsmen are adequately armed for their personal protection.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.23Gov. DeSantis Announces $8 million Incentive to Help Veterans Buy Homes
- Crime & Safety2020.02.23Tamarac Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through February 18
- Crime & Safety2020.02.19Vehicle Strikes Pole, Leaving One Dead in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2020.02.18Burglar Uses Ploy Before Smashing His Way into Neighbor’s Home