By: Sharon Aron Baron
Governor Rick Scott today directed the flags of the United States and the State of Florida to be flown at half-staff in honor of the five service members who were murdered at recruiting centers in Chattanooga, Tennessee last week. This is effective immediately throughout the state of Florida until sunset on the day of the final military member’s date of interment.
On Saturday, Governor Scott issued an executive order directing Florida Adjutant General Michael Calhoun to take three immediate actions:
- Relocate all Florida National Guard personnel at the state’s six storefront recruitment centers to the nearest Florida National Guard Armory until there are recommendations made to improve the security of store-front recruitment centers.
- Begin discussions with local law enforcement agencies to arrange regular security checks for Florida National Guard Armories.
- Ensure that all qualified fulltime guardsmen are adequately armed for their personal protection.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.07.22Register Now for the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.07.10Tamarac Commission Remains Undecided on Millage Rate after 6 Hour Budget Meeting
- News2021.07.09Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Hosts Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.06.30Public Meetings Held for Atlantic Blvd Interchange Improvements at the Sawgrass Expressway