By Sharon Aron Baron
A hero saved a terrified dog left in a dumpster on Sunday.
The pet was found at the 5700 block of University Drive in Tamarac, where Hernando Delgado sprang into action following a distress call about an abandoned animal in a dumpster.
Delgado reported that on Sunday around 1:32 p.m., a Toyota Truck was seen backing into a spot near the dumpster at La Granja restaurant, and the driver left the dog behind. When Delgado approached the dog, it was visibly frightened and exhibited aggressive behavior, likely due to fear. During the rescue attempt, the dog attempted to bite him, so Delgado had to use a leash to safely remove the dog from the area.
Remarkably, a sealed bag of dog food with the canine was also found in the dumpster, pointing to a deliberate act of abandonment.
Michelle Reichler of Saving Sage Pet Rescue has taken the dog under their care, providing necessary medical attention and a bath.
She is collaborating with local law enforcement to find the dog’s owner. Although a chip was discovered on the dog, Reichler stated that it could not be traced.
Anyone with information about the dog or the individual who dumped him is encouraged to contact local police or Saving Sage Pet Rescue.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family