By Agrippina Fadel
An appeal to the Broward County Circuit Court to build a hotel in the Woodmont community was denied again on November 18 however, it will be final unless the developer asks for a rehearing within the allowed time period.
In December 2020, the Tamarac city commission rejected Woodmont Hotel LLC, revised site plan, voting against granting a special exception that would have allowed for the operation of a hotel as ancillary use for a private country club in the recreational zoning district.
The developer, in turn, filed an appeal with the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court asking judges to review the decision. After considering all materials and applicable law, the court denied the petition.
Hilton’s four-story, 122-room extended-stay Homes2Suite was proposed inside of Woodmont’s residential and country club areas.
The project did not find the overwhelming support of the community. Last December, residents discussed their concerns about the traffic and proximity of the proposed hotel to private homes and schools during a city commission meeting.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.03.28Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Prepares for Annual Passover Seder Under the Stars
- News2023.03.28Tamarac Holds Springfest and Egg Hunt
- News2023.03.28Ticket Alert: Letraia Savage brings her Divas of Soul Show to Kings Point Palace
- News2023.03.27Local Poet Rebecca Vaughns Hosts Tamarac’s First Annual Spoken Word Competition