By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you are looking for ways to help animals in need, then here is your opportunity: The Humane Society of Broward County needs volunteers to help, especially with the dogs.
Current openings include animal care for dogs – cleaning and feeding, dog walking, and dog pal – spending quiet time with the dogs.
Other openings available are clinic assistant – prepare surgery packs, education outreach, foster care for pets too young for adoption or who need to recuperate from a medical procedure, adoption ambassador – take an adult dog or cat into your home and help them find their forever home, Kennel Guides and Customer Service Assistant – assist with adoptions and sending animals home.
Tamarac residents who would like to volunteer must be 18 years of age and complete a criminal background check. Orientations are held several times a month. To learn more, call Linda Sanders at 954-266-6814 or visit www.humanebroward.com and go to the “Get Involved” tab.
The shelter is located at 2070 Griffin Road, a block west of I-95 and is open seven days a week.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.12.072022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament Held Dec. 9
- News2022.12.06Santa Makes a Special Appearance at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland Dec. 9
- News2022.12.04Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.01Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club