By Kevin Deutsch
Investigators on Saturday arrested an impaired driver who got into a fiery car crash in North Lauderdale, authorities said.
Amaury Quintero, 37, of 8020 Hampton Blvd. in North Lauderdale, was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs when his vehicle crashed into another car in the 1100 block of South State Road 7 around 5 a.m. Saturday, leading one or both vehicles to catch fire, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
BSO district deputies and North Lauderdale Fire Rescue responded to the accident scene. By then, both drivers were outside of the vehicles.
North Lauderdale Fire Rescue extinguished the blaze. Paramedics transported one driver, an adult female, to a local hospital with injuries listed as serious but non-life-threatening.
According to investigators, the other driver, Quintero, “showed signs of impairment,” BSO said in a press release Sunday.
BSO DUI Task Force detectives arrived to investigate and arrested Quintero.
He is charged with DUI of alcohol or drugs, DUI with serious bodily injury, two counts of DUI with damage to property or person, and careless driving.
Quintero was held at the Broward County Main Jail Sunday on a $12,500 bond.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.05Tamarac Crime Update: Stalker Called Woman 50 Times, Sent 500 Messages
- News2022.12.01Tamarac Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Officer During Jan. 6 Attack on Capitol
- News2022.11.30Traffic Homicide Detectives Probe Tamarac Crash that Killed Child
- News2022.11.27Tamarac Crime Update: USPS Mail Carrier Robbed at Gunpoint