By: Sharon Aron Baron
Culinary students from J.P. Taravella High School won first place overall in the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association’s Educational Foundation’s 14th Annual ProStart Culinary Team Competition.
The competition took place at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando in March where a total of 60 schools participated in the competition. Teams competed in four events, which included the Cracker Barrel Management Competition, the Johnson & Wales University Culinary Competition, the Keiser University Edible Centerpiece Competition and the Coca-Cola Company Waiters Relay Competition.
In addition to being named the overall champions, the Taravella High School students also shined in the individual events, earning first place in the Management Competition, which qualifies the Management team to travel to Minneapolis, Minnesota this May for the national competition.
Taravella High School also ranked third in the state in the Edible Centerpiece Competition. Congratulations to all of the Tamarac and Coral Springs students who attend this High School.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.07.22Register Now for the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.07.10Tamarac Commission Remains Undecided on Millage Rate after 6 Hour Budget Meeting
- News2021.07.09Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Hosts Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.06.30Public Meetings Held for Atlantic Blvd Interchange Improvements at the Sawgrass Expressway