By Agrippina Fadel
J.P. Taravella invites freshmen and any new students to a BootCamp to learn about the campus and the faculty.
Held on Monday, August 8, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., the “Groove Into JPT” Freshman BootCamp includes a tour of the school and an overview of JPT programs. The tickets are $20 and include lunch and a t-shirt.
JPT student government advisor Esther Brunat said the event allows the students to “get started on a right foot in 9th grade.”
“Our student government always wants to properly welcome the freshmen into the new school year and allow them to get a good lay of the land. The BootCamp introduces them to the faculty and lets them learn about the culture and meet some of their fellow students,” she added.
Brunat said the 2022-2023 school year feels like the first post-pandemic academic term that is more or less back to normal.
“There are no more COVID restrictions and much less hesitation about the in-person classes. This year will be a massive change and an opportunity to set new trends and traditions while following the great JPT culture,” she said.
“No one wants to be lost on their first day in 9th grade; you kind of want to act like you know what you are doing already,” Brunat added, saying that coming to the freshman Bootcamp helps the students find their footing and feel like they belong.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo