A man was killed Tuesday night when he stepped off a sidewalk into the path of an oncoming car on West Commercial Boulevard near the Tamarac Lakes South development.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators are investigating to determine what led to the death of Joseph Dinardi, 32, of Stratham, New Hampshire.
Around 9:35 p.m., 19-year-old Samuel Marcellus of Coconut Creek was driving eastbound in the right lane of West Commercial Boulevard in a 2013 Toyota Corolla. He told investigators that Dinardi stepped into the road into the path of the Corolla.
Dinardi was not in a crosswalk.
Marcellus couldn’t avoid hitting Dinardi, who was pronounced dead by Tamarac Fire Rescue at 9:40 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup