A man was killed Tuesday night when he stepped off a sidewalk into the path of an oncoming car on West Commercial Boulevard near the Tamarac Lakes South development.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators are investigating to determine what led to the death of Joseph Dinardi, 32, of Stratham, New Hampshire.
Around 9:35 p.m., 19-year-old Samuel Marcellus of Coconut Creek was driving eastbound in the right lane of West Commercial Boulevard in a 2013 Toyota Corolla. He told investigators that Dinardi stepped into the road into the path of the Corolla.
Dinardi was not in a crosswalk.
Marcellus couldn’t avoid hitting Dinardi, who was pronounced dead by Tamarac Fire Rescue at 9:40 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition
- News2023.01.26School Choice Application Deadline for 2023/24 Fast Approaching
- News2023.01.26Pets of the Week: Juno and Jax Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2023.01.25MISSING: Detectives Search for Woman From Tamarac