By: Sharon Aron Baron
The 30th annual VCA Walk for the Animals to benefit the Humane Society of Broward County is March 7 at Huizenga Park in Fort Lauderdale.
This year, the event welcomes Honorary Chair, Clinton Kelly, Emmy award-winning co-host of The Chew and TLC’s What Not to Wear and his beloved rescue companion, Mary, to the walk.
The walk is the Humane Society’s largest fundraiser with thousands of walkers, both two and four-legged, strolling the 1.2-mile path through Fort Lauderdale.
Registration opens at 8 a.m., and the walk starts at 10 a.m. Last year more than $615,000 was raised for the shelter’s programs and services.
Join event Chairs Carey Morgan, Leslie Puro along Jacey Birch of WPLG Local 10 News, and Letty B. of 93.9 MIA and Doc Reno of BIG 105.9 – iHeart radio stations. There will be a bounce house and face painting for the younger crowd and dogs can dip in the doggie pools, all while their owners enjoy free pancakes from IHOP, and live entertainment.
Participants can also visit sponsor booths and pick up fun items from VCA Animal Hospitals, Purina, Spirit, Chewy, and enjoy an amazing performance from the Purina Incredible Dog Team.
Tamarac residents can register now by visiting www.Walk4theAnimals.com and start collecting donations.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family