Subject: Dead after dark
I’m in my early twenties and I have been living in Tamarac for more than half my life. I have been bored all of those years. Now, as a college student, if I want to study somewhere after 9:30pm, I have to travel to a Starbucks in Sunrise or Coral Springs since the one on Commercial and University is closed so early. It’s either that or go to the dreaded breakfast restaurants. I’m sick of having nowhere to go and nothing to do after 9 or 10.
There are numerous elementary and middle schools in Tamarac; what are those children, who have moved on to high school/college in the years, doing? Let’s try to save gas, build a sense of community, and give young people constructive things to do.
I realize that I just complained without any backing, but it’s been bothering me for years. I just discovered this website today and I like it very much. Furthermore, I’m really excited for the food trucks(even though they close at 9)!
Welcome to my world.
Yes, Tamarac is a very dark and boring place. We shut down early and wake up early. Did you know that some parts of Tamarac are even closed on Mondays?
Welcome to your golden years.
What’s this? You’re only in your 20’s, and you’re in college?
What the hell are you doing here? For God’s sake get in your car and drive north, south, east…..anywhere but here!
Stay here any longer and your youth will be sucked clean away. Do.not.let.this.happen.
If I were in my 20s living here half my life, I’d be plotting to escape like I was Tim Robbins in The Shawshank Redemption.
The good news is: you’re reading Tamarac Talk, so you’re on the right path to political enlightenment and community activism with a little fluff thrown in.
Yes, you are right, we do need to find things for young people like you to do. Not only does Tamarac lack a Starbucks, it doesn’t have any cool coffee houses to hang out in. Rest assured, you can always head north to Coral Springs, but don’t forget to stop by those food trucks along the way. Of course, be there before they pull away at 9 pm.
Thanks for reading.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.11.23Detectives Ask For Public’s Help Locating Missing 12-Year-Old
- News2022.11.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Gets Teed Up For 2022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament
- News2022.11.21Postal Worker Robbed at Gunpoint in Tamarac
- News2022.11.18On Your Marks, Get Set … Walk or Run! Tamarac Turkey Trot holds 41st Annual Event on Thanksgiving