By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Woodlands Country Club is offering a new Junior Golf program and all children whether a club member or not are welcome to join.
Led by the Director of Junior Golf Sam Ingenito, the new twice-weekly program is set to begin on November 1st and will run throughout the next year.
Ingenito was formally the Head Pro at Colony West Country Club in Tamarac where he had been teaching juniors as well as adults before it closed. He has been teaching golf for the past 18 years and is a member of the United States Golf Teachers Federation and World Golf Teachers Federation. It was at Colony West that he instituted a Junior Golf Program which included a 10-week summer camp.
The course at the Woodlands Country Club will teach basics like:
- Full swing
- Etiquette on the course
- Rules of Golf
Lessons will start on November 1st on Fridays after school from 3:30 – 5:30 pm and on Sundays from 1-3 pm. The preferred age is from 6-18 years of age. Golf clubs will be provided if you do not have your own. Each week will cost $65 with a discount for siblings.
Coach Sam says he would like every child to commit for at least four weeks to get the full benefit of the course so please give him a call to find out more as well as to sign up at: 954-298-0535.
The Woodlands Country Club is owned by ClubLink Corp which also owns Heron Bay Golf and Palm Aire in South Florida as well as many others around the US and Canada.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications