By Ryan Yousefi
A man was charged with burglary, battery, and criminal mischief after using his ex-girlfriend’s Instagram account to locate and assault her.
On April 24, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office responded to an emergency call from a victim, claiming a man had assaulted and robbed her at a Tamarac home.
According to the arrest report, the victim told deputies that her ex-boyfriend, later identified as Jenior Messieurs, 31, of Lauderhill, had broken into her friend’s apartment and assaulted her.
The report says the victim told deputies the incident began while she was dogsitting at her friend’s apartment and heard a loud knock. As she looked through the peephole, she saw her ex-boyfriend, Messieurs, banging on the door, demanding entry, and moments later, he broke down the door, entering the apartment.
The victim told deputies he struck her in the face, only leaving once she threatened to call the police.
According to the arrest report, Messieurs fled the scene as the victim contacted law enforcement but was later located on Inverrary Boulevard and University Drive.
Messieurs was taken into custody and transported to the Broward County Main Jail, where he faces several charges.
The report shows that the victim later informed deputies Messieurs was only aware of her whereabouts because she had posted a picture on Instagram from her friend’s pool.
The victim said the friend had asked her to stay to dogsit while she went on a date, and the incident occurred while the friend was away.
Following the crime, her friend returned and informed deputies she wished to press charges for the broken door, estimated to be over $1,000.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024BSO Rallies to Safeguard Seniors with Scam Prevention Event
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Broward Sheriff’s Office to Host Gun Safety Class Geared Toward Child Firearm Education