By: Sharon Aron Baron
At Monday morning’s city commission workshop meeting, Tamarac Mayor Harry Dressler was disappointed in the Sun Sentinel’s coverage of the redevelopment of the Woodmont Golf Course, calling it “schtunky” meaning “stinky” in Yiddish.
Addressing the city commission on Monday regarding positive press, Dressler was disappointment for not receiving recognition for one of the biggest redevelopments in the city’s history.
“How much positive press did we get on that?” he asked the commission. “Was the mayor mentioned in that? I worked that deal for ten years. Was I mentioned at all in that article – that little schtunky article that came out?”
He asked Vice Mayor Debra Placko if her name was mentioned for all her work. Her name was, as she was quoted by the Sun Sentinel at the bottom of the article.
He said he received phone calls and emails everyday, “Any acknowledgement from the press on that? No.”
Read the Sun Sentinel’s article here: With latest change, homes on Tamarac golf course closer to reality.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton