By Agrippina Fadel
A new deli on Commercial Boulevard aims to quench residents’ thirst for sweet tea and the taste of Southern Cooking.
McAlister’s Deli at 9430 West Commercial Boulevard — on the edge of Sunrise and Tamarac — opened its doors on January 17 and is its fourth store in South Florida.
The Deli is known for its inventive sandwiches, salads, and spuds – baked potatoes with various toppings. McAlister’s Sweet Tea, at 32 ounces, is the most popular drink the chain offers.
Franchise owner Bailey Moore said even in the first three days of being open, the restaurant attracted the local crowds and the city workers.
“They say they have seen the store being built and have been anxiously awaiting its opening. We are excited to be welcomed by the local community,” said Moore.
Tamarac residents love the legendary 13-layer McAlister’s club. She said, “They can’t go wrong with the classic.”
Out of all the different flavors of the store’s lemonade, strawberry proved to be the most popular at the new location. Locals have a “sweet spot” for the traditional iced tea, and the company expects the drink to be very popular, she said.
Moore added that McAlister’s is looking forward to doing business in the area.
“There are lots of different restaurant options in Sunrise and Tamarac, and we are excited to be one of the only southern style delis around. We are trying to get people to come in and give us a try and build on the brand recognition,” she said.
Moore added that the company is happy to provide new job opportunities for the residents. Each store typically has around 15 employees and is actively hiring with many shifts available.
Opening in 1989 in Mississippi, McAlister’s Deli now has over 400 locations in 28 states.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.09.30Registration Now Open for the 41st Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot 5K
- News2022.09.29Tamarac’s Great Pumpkin Splash is Spooky Fun for the Whole Family
- News2022.09.29Dog of the Week: Gus the Lab Mix is Ready to Find a Home
- News2022.09.25Tamarac Commission Approves Lower Millage Rate, Lose $1M for Parks, Events