By: Sharon Aron Baron
Two girls pass a note back in forth, calling another girl a very naughty name. If you think this happened at school, you’d be close. It occurred between two Broward County school board members on the dais at a public meeting.
Back in 2013, Buddy Nevins with Broward Beat reported the incident but didn’t reveal the names of the two school board members passing the note. After one of them threw it in the garbage, the third school board member retrieved it because she saw them writing it. The note referred to her as a “selfish bitch.”
Is the two school board passing notes during a public meeting? Current Board Chair Rosalind Osgood and Vice Chair Abby Freedman. The person they were referring to as a “selfish bitch” was School Board Member Nora Rupert.
Rupert, who has served since 2010, is popular in her district; however, she has been passed over every year for a shot at becoming the next School Board Vice Chair.
In his story, writer Buddy Nevins referred to them as “mean girls” and wrote, “It would be funny if these women didn’t have a real job. Like seeing our kids get the best possible education, like safeguarding our tax money. These women have to learn that every Board member is different. Different backgrounds, different constituents, and different opinions. And every Board member has the same vote. Every Board member deserves respect. It’s time for the members to grow up.”
Abby Freedman was reelected in 2014, and Rosalind Osgood represents the eastern portion of Tamarac, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Plantation, and Sunrise, is up for reelection on August 30.
Rupert made copies of the note and left it on the desks of the two others; however, we have heard from a source that there has never been an apology to her from the “mean girls,” and Abby Freedman was heard saying, “that’s what she gets for dumpster diving.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications