By: Jen Russon
Friends of the Veterinary Clinic at South Gate organized a mid-May memorial service to honor Dr. Michael Horbal that will take place appropriately at the dog park located in Tamarac.
Horbal’s sudden death on April 29 sent shock waves through the pet owner community of Tamarac and Coral Springs, with friends and patients of the beloved vet eager to pay it forward in whatever way they could.
Horbal left behind three dogs, currently in the care of his veterinary assistant, Kasia Palmer. Various fundraising and food drive efforts for his pets are now underway, along with the possibility of petitioning to name a dog park after Horbal soon.
An outdoor ceremony celebrating the life and career of Michael Horbal will be held at the Gary B. Jones Park for People and Pets on Sunday, May 16. The city of Tamarac will close the dog park at 4 p.m., immediately following the farmer’s market scheduled for that day.
While the memorial service is at a dog park, organizers shared that owners should leave their pets at home since space is expected to be limited.
Anyone who wishes to reflect and speak about their personal perspective on Dr. Horbal’s life and legacy is encouraged to do so.
The Gary B. Jones dog park is located at 8101 Southgate Boulevard.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2022.04.12Taravella Drama Club Presents JPT’s Got Talent on April 22
- News2022.02.11‘Huge Garage Sale’ Hosted by J.P. Taravella’s Drama Club Returns on February 26
- News2022.01.07Broward Interim Superintendent Cartwright Answers Pressing Questions at Meet and Chat Event
- News2021.12.07Tamarac to Give Tribute to Late Veterinarian at Dog Park