By: Sharon Aron Baron
The mother of two young brothers who drowned earlier this year after venturing into a pool at the Silver Palms Condominiums in North Lauderdale was arrested this morning in relation to the deaths.
Wildline Joseph, 23, of Lauderhill was taken into custody on Saturday by the Lauderhill Police Department took, into custody on a warrant facing two counts of aggravated manslaughter of a child.
On May 22, family members discovered Ja’Kye Joseph, 6, and his 5-year-old brother, Branario Minto, submerged in the pool at the Silver Palms Condominiums. They pulled them from the water, began CPR, and called for help. When first responders arrived, the boys were non-responsive. North Lauderdale Fire Rescue transported the brothers to Northwest Medical Center where they were pronounced dead.
Investigators said surveillance video shows the victims unsupervised and running to the pool area at approximately 7:16 p.m. Detectives said the 911 call was received at 9:33 p.m. and the brothers had been submerged underwater for almost two hours before being found.
Detectives said Joseph failed to provide proper care and supervision for the brothers, which made her responsible for their deaths.
Earlier this week, John Louis Lynn Jr., 24, of Tamarac, was also arrested facing two counts of aggravated manslaughter of a child.
Both Lynn and Joseph have been booked into the Broward Sheriff’s Office Main Jail, each on a $250,000 bond.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County