By Agrippina Fadel
Join the Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac for an unforgettable evening of music and inspiration featuring Saul Dreier and his Holocaust Survivor Band.
Held on Monday, May 22, at 7 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center, this special Hakhel Unity Evening includes a concert, conversation, and Q&A session with the band, providing a unique opportunity to hear the powerful stories of survival and incredible resilience.
Born in Kraków, Poland, in 1925, Dreier led a normal life of a child and teenager until the Nazi invasion. He was sent to the concentration camps at 14 years old and spent years there, losing family members and witnessing unspeakable horrors.
His passion for music helped him survive. Together with fellow survivors and their children, he founded the Holocaust Survivor Band in 2014 and has since performed around the world, from Las Vegas to Israel, Auschwitz, and Berlin.
“This is a very meaningful event for our community, and I hope many people will join us, no matter the affiliation. There aren’t many Holocaust survivors left. To be able to meet someone who has gone through all these challenges, rebuilt his life, and now inspires others with his music is an unforgettable experience,” said Rabbi Kopel Silberberg.
He added that stories of Holocaust survivors are stories of hope, resilience, and strength. “I think people will walk away uplifted and inspired,” said Rabbi Silberberg.
The tickets to the event are $18 in advance and $25 at the door, and free for children under 13. Refreshments will be served. Residents can also sponsor the event and other Chabad programs.
Tamarac Community Center is located at 8601 West Commercial Blvd.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo