By: Sharon Aron Baron
NatureScapes are Florida-Friendly landscapes providing habitat for native and migratory wildlife, conserving water, and minimizing common pollutants such as fertilizers and pesticides.
Residents, business owners, schools, and communities of all types can create “islands of green” linked together to make a chain of healthy corridors in our urban environment.
That is why NatureScape is an integral part of Broward County’s water conservation program. Our plant choices and the way we maintain our yard can significantly impact our future water supplies.
NatureScapeBroward is now accepting 2022 Emerald Award applications for businesses, municipalities, schools, government facilities, and homeowners that have created and maintained model Florida-Friendly landscapes or completed exceptional projects that demonstrate visible ecological practices.
- Special Achievement
- Climate Change Leader
- Legacy (Emerald Award winners that have continued to maintain a sustainable landscape and/or enhanced landscape for five or more years.)
Landscape Architects, architectural design firms, and landscape designers are encouraged to submit projects that incorporate UF/IFAS Florida-Friendly principles for single-family residences, multi-family, new construction, large properties, and existing communities. Find Florida-Friendly resources and guidance for professionals here.
Emerald Awards are presented as part of the 20th Anniversary Water Matters Day event at Tree Tops Park in Davie on Saturday, March 12, 2022.
All projects must be recognized by UF/IFAS Florida-Friendly Landscaping program and National Wildlife Federation Garden for Wildlife to qualify for an award. Landscapes that exceed 50% native plant requirement will be awarded extra points by judges.
To download the application, see the attachments below and return via email or mail by January 3, 2022. Winners will receive their awards and trophies at a ceremony during the 20th Anniversary Annual Water Matters Day.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat